Pennington’s suffers heavy smoke damage

2
704

fire

An overheated monitor sparked a fire at Pennington’s last night in Chatham.

Firefighters from Station 2 in Chatham responded shortly before 10 p.m. Thursday to the store in the Thames Lea Plaza and quickly contained the fire, but not before there was extensive smoke damage to the contents of the store.

Firefighters peg the damage at about $250,000.

They say the fire started when combustibles near the malfunctioning monitor ignited.

Comments

comments

2 COMMENTS

  1. OMG will they be re-opening? I loved to travel to this store. The sales people were great… with just the right amount of help. The buyers picked out very stylish clothing (better than other Pennington's). How long will it take to re-build?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here