Monday police briefs



Not only did a man break into a local business on the weekend, but he was spotted jumping up and down on a nearby vehicle.

Chatham-Kent police were called to King Street West in Chatham on Sunday just before 1 p.m. for a break in at a business.

Through investigation, police were able to learn that a man had broken the front windows of the business and started to move certain items.

He then exited the store, picked up a large piece of broken glass and threw it at a nearby vehicle, police say.

He jumped on the hood of the vehicle and caused damage to the windshield and body. The man was arrested while damaging a third vehicle.

A 27-year-old Chatham-Kent man was charged with break and enter, and three counts of mischief.

Domestic violence

On Sunday morning, Chatham-Kent police were called to McGeorge Street in Blenheim for a domestic disturbance.

When police arrived at the address, they learned that a man had entered the home and kicked a hole in the wall. They also learned that this man was bound by a release order with conditions not to attend the address. He was also wanted on an outstanding warrant for bail violations.

Police were able to find the man not far from the residence.

During the arrest, he was searched and police found suspected methamphetamine and fentanyl.
A 40-year-old Blenheim man was charged with mischief, two counts of failing to comply with an undertaking, and two counts of possessing a controlled substance.

Outstanding warrants 

General patrol officers were able to locate a man and woman on Canal Street in Chatham on Sunday at 1:31 p.m. who were wanted on outstanding warrants.

A 49-year-old Tilbury man was arrested for an outstanding warrant for failing to comply with a probation order.

A 30-year-old Chatham woman was arrested on an outstanding warrant for failing to attend court.

Screaming in the night

On Monday at 1:37 a.m. police were called to Park Avenue in Chatham for a disturbance.

When police arrived at the location, they found a woman screaming.

Officers believed this woman to be intoxicated and unable to care for herself.

A 32-year-old woman was arrested and transported to police headquarters where she was held until sober.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here