COVID-19 vaccinations are opening up to 40-plus, as well as essential workers who cannot work from home.
Beginning Tuesday morning, those in the expanded eligibility groups can book through CK Public Health online at GetYourShotCK.ca or by calling 519-351-1010 and leaving a message.
Anyone aged 40 and up can book their appointment, as well as a cluster of essential workers who cannot work from home in one of the following occupation categories.
• Essential and critical retail workers (including grocery, food bank and non-clinical pharmacy workers, Service Ontario workers, Service Canada and Passport Canada workers, wholesalers and general goods, restaurant workers, LCBO);
- Workers in manufacturing industries directly involved in supporting the COVID19 response,construction including infrastructure, and other essential businesses and services where facilities are at heightened risk for COVID-19 outbreaks and spread.
- Social workers and other social services staff providing in-person client services (including youth justice workers, OW and ODSP case workers);
- Courts and justice system workers(including probation and parole workers);
- Transportation, warehousing and distribution workers(including public transit workers, truck drivers supporting essential services, marine and rail cargo and maintenance, highway maintenance);
- Electricity(including workers employed in system operations, generation, transmission, distribution and storage).
- Communications infrastructure workers(including cellular, satellite, landline, internet, public safety radio);
- Water and wastewater management workers;
- Financial services workers(bank branch staff);
- Veterinarians and veterinary teams;
- Waste management workers;
- Oil and petroleum workers(including those working in petroleum refineries; those involved in the storage, transmission and distribution of crude oil and petroleum products and those needed for the retail sale of fuel);
- Natural gas and propane gas workers(including those working in the compression, storage, transmission and distribution of natural gas and propane);
- Mine workers(including those needed to ensure the continued operation of active mines); and
- Uranium processing workers(those working in the refining and conversion of uranium, and fabrication of fuel for nuclear power plants).
Residents will be able to book from a variety of appointment dates/times over the coming weeks (as vaccine supply allows) at the Bradley Centre Vaccination Clinic in addition to mobile clinics at the Wallaceburg Memorial Arena on May 21 and a drive-thru clinic at Gincor Trailer Werx Parking Lot, 1 Solvay Dr, in Blenheim on May 30.
For the latest COVID-19 vaccination updates, visit: ckphu.com/covid-19-vaccines.