CK Public Health is looking to fill three positions on the municipal board of health.
Two of these positions are to begin their four-year terms on Jan. 1, 2021.
An Indigenous representative is also being recruited to complete the current term, starting Jan. 1, 2021 and ending Dec. 31, 2022.
The Board of Health is a governing board that monitors operations within CK Public Health. It meets at 11 a.m. the third Wednesday of each month, and includes representation from elected officials, Indigenous partners, and community members.
The role of the Board of Health is to:
- Appoint a full-time Medical Officer of Health;
- Hire staff to carry out the functions of the board as outlined within the Health Protection and Promotion Act;
- Provide the municipality with a yearly budget notice;
- Have a strong commitment to and understanding of public health programs;
- Attend board meetings, actively participate, and serve as officers;
- Serve in a volunteer capacity without regard for remuneration or profit;
- Identify and declare any conflicts of interest; and
- Represent the health unit in the community.
To apply, fill out an application form. Alternative formats of the application will be provided upon request.
The deadline to apply is Sept. 25 at 4:30 p.m.