Mobile drive-thru COVID-19 testing takes to the road again in the near future, hitting Wheatley and Dresden during the month of August.
Testing takes place in Wheatley at the arena Aug. 11 and 12 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and at Dresden Raceway in Dresden Aug. 25 and 26, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. as well.
The mobile testing is conducted via a partnership with the Chatham-Kent Health Alliance, C-K EMS, CK Public Health, family health teams (Chatham-Kent, Thamesview and Tilbury) and the C-K Community Health Centres.
Anyone who believes they require a COVID-19 swab test can go to one of these clinics and receive a test. No appointment is necessary at either location.
This testing initiative will also be available to residents who do not arrive in a vehicle. The mobile drive-thru COVID-19 clinics will operate as follows:
- Signage will direct patients upon arrival for both those who arrive in vehicles and those who do not. You do not need to be in a vehicle to attend the clinic, walk ups are welcome.
- A staff member will register you while you are in your car. Please bring a valid Ontario health card.
- The health care team will perform the COVID-19 swab test while you are in your car; please remain in your car after you register to receive a test.
- Patients will be sent home with information on self-isolation and how to view their test results online at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/.
- Please note CK Public Health will no longer be notifying asymptomatic patients (those showing no symptoms) by telephone. CK Public Health will only be contacting the following clients/patients who test positive for COVID-19; were tested symptomatic (showing symptoms); were referred for testing by a health-care professional; and were tested at their workplace due to a potential COVID-19 exposure.
- If heat warnings are in effect on clinic days, out of precaution, please do not bring children and frail adults in cars who are not being tested, as well as pets.
CKHA officials said testing continues seven days a week at the COVID-19 Assessment Centre located at 47 Emma St. in Chatham.
Hours of operation are between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week.
The last appointment takes place at 4:20 p.m. It is recommended that patients book an appointment to be seen in a timely manner.
To access the online booking tool, visit www.assessmentbooking.ca and complete the online form to schedule an appointment.