Fire guts O’Neil St. home

Jun 13 • Feature StoryNo Comments on Fire guts O’Neil St. home

Chatham-Kent fire officials blame careless smoking at the likely cause of a fire that gutted an O’Neil Street home in Chatham Wednesday.

Officials say the fire began about 1 p.m. A neighbour noticed flames on the exterior of the home and notified the occupant.

Everyone was out of the house by the time fire crews from stations 1 and 2 arrived on scene, and heavy flames poured out of the rear of the home.

Damage is estimated at $200,000.

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

« »