The United Way has a special opportunity for residents of Chatham-Kent to help give back through volunteering their time and talents to help support two of our community’s largest fundraising events this season: the youth-driven Red Feather and the Harvest Run.
As per school board regulations, all volunteers must be over the age of 18 and have been out of high school for at least one full year.
United Way officials are looking for support for the following events:
- The Harvest Run, at Union Gas from 7 a.m. until noon on Sept. 23.
- Softball on Sept. 24 at Thames Campus from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dodgeball on Sept. 25 at Chatham Christian School from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Red Feather football at Ursuline College Chatham at 1 p.m. Sept. 27.
- Red Feather Trivia Night at the United Way offices on Sept. 27 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Animal House Olympics on Sept. 28 at John McGregor’s football field, 2 p.m.
- The Red Feather Dance at the W.I.S.H. Centre from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sept. 29.
To find out more information or to get involved, please contact Michelle Robbins at email@example.com or Arielle DeHaw at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both can also be reached at the United Way office by calling (519) 354-0430.