Garage fire near Blenheim

0
256

A morning fire on Communication Road levelled a garage.

Chatham-Kent firefighters were called out about 8:15 a.m. to 20377 Communication Rd. near Blenheim for the fire. Crews from Harwich North, Raleigh South and Blenheim responded.

The fire was quickly brought under control, but not before it gutted the structure, doing an estimated $60,000 damage to the garage and its contents.

Officials say the cause was accidental and originated with a wood stove.

C-K Fire officials remind residents that wood stoves should be placed on a floor pad at least one meter away from walls, furniture, curtains, and other flammable materials. And anything that can burn must be kept at a safe distance away from the stove.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here