Yesterday, members of the Chatham-Kent Police Intelligence Section executed a warrant in Chatham.
Officers observed the man exit his residence and drive to a local motel. Officers approached the man in the parking lot and he was taken into custody.
A search incident to arrest revealed that the man was in possession of three cellular phones and large amount of cash.
A warrant was executed on his vehicle. In the trunk, officers seized suspected fentanyl, cocaine, methamphetamine, handgun, ammunition, electronic digital scales and large amount of cash.
The 32-year-old Chatham man has been charged with:
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Fentanyl
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
– Careless Storage of a Firearm
– Careless Storage of Ammunition
– Fail to Comply with a Release Order (2 counts)
– Possession of a Restricted Weapon Contrary to Prohibition Order (4 counts)
– Fail to Comply with Probation Order (2 counts)
Total street value of the seized drugs has been estimated at $76,600.
He has been held in custody pending a bail hearing.